Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lymphocyte of a type produced or processed by the thymus gland and actively participating in the immune response.
- ‘For patients with a normal T cell immune system, less than 1% will develop a systemic infection.’
- ‘This T cell transformation process takes time, and only memory T cells can proliferate in response to a booster vaccination or a second infection.’
- ‘They then migrate to lymph nodes to initiate an immune response in the T cell areas.’
- ‘Granulomas occur as a result of a helper T cell Type 1 protective immune response and are dynamic structures.’
- ‘The T cell will then be stimulated to respond and initiate the primary immune response.’
1970s: from T for thymus.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.