Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The central part of a person's face, including the forehead, nose, and chin, especially as having oilier skin than the rest of the face.
- ‘To cover spots, match concealer to skin tone, dot on a small amount at a time and set with translucent powder to even out pores and minimise shine on the T-zone.’
- ‘Here's a great trick for people with oily skin: After you wash your face, apply a thin layer of egg white to your T-zone (or your whole face if you're oily all over) before your moisturizer.’
- ‘Skin that is oily in the T-zone (the forehead, chin and the area surrounding the nose), signals a combination skin of normal to oily, the most common skin type.’
- ‘I don't want to wear anything too oily or pore-clogging because I have oily skin in the T-zone area (shiny by midday), and break out occasionally.’
- ‘They look painful, but they don't seem to bother her as much as they bother me, because I keep wanting to do something helpful, like slapping a Biore Pore Strip on her T-zone.’
- ‘I have some redness in my t-zone and 2 blemish scars that it barely covered.’
- ‘This is usually characterized by a glossy look, especially in the T-zone (the areas around the forehead, nose and chin.)’
- ‘Girls, especially, can suffer from combination skin, where the T-zone is oily but cheeks are dry.’
- ‘Women with combination skin develop the tell-tale shiny T-zone along the forehead, nose and chin - where the sebaceous glands are more numerous.’
- ‘But the T-zone Oil Control feels smooth when I put it on, and it's 100-percent fragrance-free.’
- ‘To finish the look, White moisturized Michael's lips with Neutrogena Lip Balm and removed shine from his T-zone with Lancome T Control.’
- ‘I also tend to get oily throughout the day in the T-zone area.’
- ‘I started using the mask on my tzone every second day.’
- ‘‘If you're only oily in the T-zone, try using a mattifying lotion under your makeup in the oily areas,’ suggests Michael.’
- ‘In an oily skin type, the oil is visible right through the make-up, especially in the T-zone.’
- ‘Rinse after 10 minutes, then apply a skin refining mask to the T-zone.’
- ‘We were the ones who looked terrified and a little too shiny in the T-zone, but I didn't mind.’
- ‘‘Iman avoids a heavy foundation, and if she wears powder, it's on the T-zone only,’ he continues.’
- ‘Before doing anything else, she dabs Halle's T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) with loose powder, using a large powder puff to pick up excess moisture.’
- ‘Blackheads are noninflammatory (meaning they don't have the infection and redness that accompanies a pimple) and are usually concentrated in the oily T-zone area, especially on and around the nose.’
T designating the shape of the area defined.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.