Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A treatment for phobias in which the patient is exposed to progressively more anxiety-provoking stimuli and taught relaxation techniques.
- ‘The technique is quite similar to systematic desensitization in behavior therapy.’
- ‘The present study was a first attempt to examine the use of humor in systematic desensitization.’
- ‘Treatments effective in alleviating math anxiety include systematic desensitization and relaxation.’
- ‘Therefore, therapy of the couple dances must provide systematic desensitization by blocking the collusive dance and helping partners experience that their specific anxieties about intimacy do not happen.’
- ‘Behavior treatments include systematic desensitization, relaxation training, emotive imagery, contingency management, and social skills training.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.