Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who manages the operation of a computer system, such as a message board.
- ‘As the computer science teacher and system administrator, this means I have to be creative about providing our students with computer technology while working with a tight budget.’
- ‘A hacker who's a system administrator, on the other hand, is likely to be quite skilled at script programming and web design.’
- ‘In order to keep the list accurate and up to date, the system administrator or keyword service must continually increase the size of the list.’
- ‘But as Linux moves to the desktop, the Linux system administrator's life becomes much more complicated.’
- ‘However, online archiving helps the system administrator to save those high-level expenses by providing a more efficient way to store data.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.