One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system operator.
- ‘This helps sysops describe your game on bulletin boards or in internet archives.’
- ‘No, depending on the software they use to run their board, the sysop will send and receive data with other boards around the country.’
- ‘Today, the BBS operator is simply told to implement a set of rules; if an individual sysop refuses, someone else will take his/her place or else the BBS goes out of operation.’
- ‘At the time it was just an annoyance, but now I wonder if the BBS sysops were trying to foster a sense of community or just trying to avoid feeling used.’
- ‘The local message board for area sysops was a pretty busy place and one of the younger sysops was especially exuberant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.