One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A computer-generated three-dimensional character, either in a wholly animated film or in one that is a mixture of live action and computer animation.‘eventually the synthespian will be indistinguishable from a human actor’
- ‘Whatever your feelings are on synthespians on the big screen, there's no arguing that this bunch is spellbindingly intriguing in its own way.’
- ‘It gives them the full range of human emotions moving another step closer to the reality of the synthespian.’
- ‘The idea that a synthespian might some day win an Oscar is not far-fetched.’
- ‘If the daughter is the father's greatest creation, it sure makes sense that the director's synthespian would look a lot like her, wouldn't it?’
- ‘Gollum, digitally enhanced by actor Andy Serkis's actorly bite, silenced naysayers who argued that synthespians would never emote at the level of their flesh-and-blood counterparts.’
1980s: blend of synthetic and thespian.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.