One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen produced industrially, especially from coal, and used as a feedstock in making synthetic chemicals.
- ‘Gas conversion using synthesis gas produced hydrogen for catalyst rejuvenation and hydrocarbon conversion.’
- ‘It is produced by steam reforming natural gas to create a synthesis gas.’
- ‘The reverse process can be carried out where synthesis gas is reacted with a catalyst to give high molecular weight hydrocarbons.’
- ‘A similar process developed in 1923 is called Fischer-Tropsch synthesis, which produces gasoline and other liquids from coal-derived synthesis gas.’
- ‘She is working jointly with Shell International to develop a technology to produce synthesis gas by using the process for the first time in India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.