One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen produced industrially, especially from coal, and used as a feedstock in making synthetic chemicals.
- ‘It is produced by steam reforming natural gas to create a synthesis gas.’
- ‘Gas conversion using synthesis gas produced hydrogen for catalyst rejuvenation and hydrocarbon conversion.’
- ‘The reverse process can be carried out where synthesis gas is reacted with a catalyst to give high molecular weight hydrocarbons.’
- ‘She is working jointly with Shell International to develop a technology to produce synthesis gas by using the process for the first time in India.’
- ‘A similar process developed in 1923 is called Fischer-Tropsch synthesis, which produces gasoline and other liquids from coal-derived synthesis gas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.