One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For each paralogous set with perturbed synteny, it was determined which locus was the ancestral locus of the paralogous set.’
- ‘Mammals also show an extensive conserved synteny of chromosome X, even though translocations have often rearranged the genome of mammalian species.’
- ‘Twenty-six linkage groups were identified and synteny of duplicated microsatellite markers was used to confirm 13 homeologous chromosome pairs.’
- ‘Because synteny had been previously established, it was possible to evaluate whether homologous genomic regions were involved in regulation of expression of the same genes.’
- ‘To address this conserved synteny in much more detail, a high-resolution human-chicken comparative map was constructed from human chromosome 15.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.