A character or string incorrectly placed in a command or instruction that causes a failure in execution.
- ‘The system either gives me a syntax error or some file is missing.’
- ‘If there is an exception (because of a syntax error, etc.) in the program, the exception will be traced back and reported.’
- ‘I assume that there is a subtle syntax error or variable mismatch, but my debugger doesn't provide enough info to diagnose such problems without a lot of trial and error.’
- ‘Then the parser, purveyor of the dreaded syntax error, looks at the stream of tokens to verify its syntactic correctness.’
- ‘For example, when you make a typo or syntax error that the compiler catches, fixing it is basically trivial.’