One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this connection some principles of structural meaning constitution are identified: whereas the level of lexical meaning is described relating to the two-stage process of meaning constitution (based on syntagmatics and paradigmatics), text meaning constitution is described using the Gestalt theoretical concept of the dependence system.’
- ‘His method of analysis is known as syntagmatics as opposed to Levi Strauss's paradigmatic.’
- ‘The introduction of the argumentative proposition marks an important step from the binarity of Roman Jakobson's spatial paradigmatics and temporal syntagmatics to processual ternarity by the addition of the causal argument.’
- ‘The syntagmatics of this advert represent the product as one of the leading brands in oral health care, using interesting methods to sell this product.’
- ‘Functional syntagmatics is not equivalent to the traditional Arabic grammar, nor to the science of rhetoric.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.