One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In secondary school and junior college, I did pretty well at English, despite having little to no theoretical understanding of the syntactical aspects of the language.’
- ‘Punctuation has been entirely avoided in an attempt to counteract the possible interference of syntactical patterns with the transcription of speech.’
- ‘In language, listeners build structure out of nouns, verbs and other syntactical elements.’
- ‘Where sentence completion is required, production of the derived form may be driven by various aspects of the linguistic context such as syntactical properties.’
- ‘I believe there is an integrity that is lost when a piece chosen for exhibiting masterful writing skill is chopped down to mere syntactical proficiency and stripped of its essence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.