One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In secondary school and junior college, I did pretty well at English, despite having little to no theoretical understanding of the syntactical aspects of the language.’
- ‘I believe there is an integrity that is lost when a piece chosen for exhibiting masterful writing skill is chopped down to mere syntactical proficiency and stripped of its essence.’
- ‘Punctuation has been entirely avoided in an attempt to counteract the possible interference of syntactical patterns with the transcription of speech.’
- ‘Where sentence completion is required, production of the derived form may be driven by various aspects of the linguistic context such as syntactical properties.’
- ‘In language, listeners build structure out of nouns, verbs and other syntactical elements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.