One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a synovial membrane.
- ‘Indeed, rheumatoid factor testing is not useful when a patient lacks other diagnostic criteria for rheumatoid arthritis, especially synovitis.’
- ‘Physical exam reveals an acute arthritis, synovitis, or tenosynovitis, or all three.’
- ‘For synovial diseases, such as pigmented villonodular synovitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteochondromatosis, it is desirable to remove as much of the synovium as possible.’
- ‘Autoimmune responses are believed to play a prominent role in polymyalgia rheumatica, with bursitis, synovitis and tenosynovitis of the proximal shoulder and hip girdles being characteristic features.’
- ‘Rheumatoid arthritis produces synovitis and effusions but may lead to a valgus deformity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.