One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The writer of a Synoptic Gospel.
- ‘Its presentation of the central figure is more stylised and presents his teaching in extensive discourses which are markedly different from sayings presented by the synoptists, which (even when they are combined into groups) are characteristically short and pithy.’
- ‘The synoptist Mark noted the success of the disciples in his Gospel.’
- ‘Hence a certain decision as to the Jewish or Christian origin of the poem seems to me especially turned by the fact, that the author's moral teaching coincides only with the Old Testament and not with the moral legislation of Christ, as we have it in the synoptists.’
- ‘Alternatively, we have to suppose that the wording of the synoptists pointed to a custom in those days that doesn't accord with modern interpretations.’
- ‘All three synoptists mention that in this period, which some biblical scholars view as a time of ritual preparation, the devil, or Satan, tried to tempt Jesus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.