One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a family of fish with an elongated snout and no ventral and first dorsal fins. It includes the sea moths, seahorses, and trumpet fish.
- ‘Thus, most syngnathids appear largely confined to the uptake of small invertebrates.’
- ‘In terms of their reproductive ecology, the syngnathids studied thus far fall into two broad categories.’
- ‘As a result of this listing, it is an offence to kill, injure, take or trade syngnathids and solenostomids in, or from, a Commonwealth area.’
- ‘Different genera of syngnathids show varying degrees of male brood pouch development, culminating in the sealed seahorse pouch.’
- ‘The significance of syngnathids to conservation was recognized through their blanket protection in South Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.