One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The six films resurrect, continue, and conclude the story of the Enterprise through the use of a synecdochic narrative.’
- ‘The body as possessed by the knowledge of writing becomes a writer's body, part of the writing, a synecdochic body.’
- ‘Given that representations always stand at a distance from the objects they represent what we find is the synecdochic presence of domestic workers in the reminiscences of the Bengali middle-class.’
- ‘In Ireland, I would argue, there is a metaphorical and, more specifically, a synecdochic similarity between the fetus' relationship to the mother and Ireland's relationship to Europe.’
- ‘In the English writing of India, the emperor quickly becomes the locus of the civilized/barbaric binary and via this synecdochic function Mogul culture becomes figured as simultaneously civilized and barbaric.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.