One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the English writing of India, the emperor quickly becomes the locus of the civilized/barbaric binary and via this synecdochic function Mogul culture becomes figured as simultaneously civilized and barbaric.’
- ‘The body as possessed by the knowledge of writing becomes a writer's body, part of the writing, a synecdochic body.’
- ‘In Ireland, I would argue, there is a metaphorical and, more specifically, a synecdochic similarity between the fetus' relationship to the mother and Ireland's relationship to Europe.’
- ‘The six films resurrect, continue, and conclude the story of the Enterprise through the use of a synecdochic narrative.’
- ‘Given that representations always stand at a distance from the objects they represent what we find is the synecdochic presence of domestic workers in the reminiscences of the Bengali middle-class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.