One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Eclecticism for Newman was primarily syncretistic, combining elements of Greek philosophy and other schools.’
- ‘It can be argued that formation of self-identity in general and religious identity in particular is inherently syncretistic.’
- ‘Their priesthood and sanctuary were judged illegitimate, their text of the Torah corrupt, and their cult syncretistic - contaminated by the paganism of their Mesopotamian conquerors.’
- ‘But the Church of Rome is itself syncretistic - a structure in which elements of pagan culture, superstition and naturalistic religion have taken root over the ages.’
- ‘These exogamous marriages introduced the possibility of idolatry and syncretistic practices into the community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.