One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Up to now I'd been thinking that I needed to rediscover a more syncretist Christianity, allowing freedom of sacred expression and lifestyle.’
- ‘Pico was a daring syncretist, who vainly tried to make a synthesis of Christianity, Platonism, Aristotelianism, and the Jewish kabbalah.’
- ‘Many Nicaraguans, especially in rural areas, practice a syncretist form of religion that combines indigenous religious beliefs with Catholicism.’
- ‘Since Henry George was no mere syncretist, he did not passively absorb ideas and patch them together.’
- ‘The tree of Paganism invites both purists and syncretists to rest under its leafy canopy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.