One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tendency towards hydrostatic equilibrium would force magma updip beyond the synclinal axis, and cause the greatest thickness of magma to accumulate at the bottom of the sill.’
- ‘In the northwestern part of the chain, the arches are neatly separated by the Almazan basin, which has a complex synclinal structure, but they merge towards the SE.’
- ‘Local unconformities and deposition in the foreland basin and intra-mountain synclinal basins occurred in discrete phases.’
- ‘Selenite mostly formed in shallow marginal settings and was redeposited into a small remnant basin with a depocentre near the present synclinal axis.’
- ‘It is distinguished from adjacent terranes of similar age by its open synclinal structure, obviously fossiliferous character, the thickness of essentially conformable strata, and the predominance of volcaniclastic rocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.