One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electric motor having a speed exactly proportional to the current frequency.
- ‘The two vessels are being equipped with four diesel generators which provide more than 2,500kW and use GM synchronous motors with permanent magnets.’
- ‘The tone generator assembly consisted of an AC synchronous motor connected to a gear train which drove a series of tone wheels.’
- ‘A 55-kW three-phase synchronous motor is able to power the vehicle to up to 140 km/hour.’
- ‘The firm will also showcase its new multispindle machines available with CNC-driven synchronous motors or ball-screw spindles.’
- ‘The sources of such energy (e.g., 60 - Hz synchronous motors and transformers) of course are numerous in any building in the USA.’
synchronous motor/ˈsiNGkrənəs ˈmōdər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.