One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a synapse or synapses between nerve cells.‘the synaptic membrane’
- ‘A major type of neuron in the cerebral cortex may receive up to 10,000 synaptic connections from other neurons.’
- ‘This primary pathology includes a range of inflammatory disorders as well as neuronal loss along with dendritic damage and synaptic loss.’
- ‘This is the release of a neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft from synaptic vesicles in the axon terminal.’
- ‘After synaptic transmission is blocked by botulinum toxin, the muscles become clinically weak and atrophic.’
- ‘Each little bump or spine on each dendrite is a synaptic connection from another nerve cell axon terminal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.