One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is therefore probable that much of the increase in sugars during sub-zero hardening was symplastic.’
- ‘In these cases sugar contents declined, possibly limiting translocation as in brown rust-infected barley leaves, in which apoplastic and symplastic sugar concentrations were reduced as export declined.’
- ‘This accumulation may be apoplastic, symplastic, or both.’
- ‘These results suggest that movement of mineral oil in plants is both apoplastic via intercellular spaces and symplastic via plasmodesmata.’
- ‘Radial water transport in roots occurs simultaneously through the symplastic, transcellular and apoplastic pathways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.