One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Radial water transport in roots occurs simultaneously through the symplastic, transcellular and apoplastic pathways.’
- ‘It is therefore probable that much of the increase in sugars during sub-zero hardening was symplastic.’
- ‘This accumulation may be apoplastic, symplastic, or both.’
- ‘These results suggest that movement of mineral oil in plants is both apoplastic via intercellular spaces and symplastic via plasmodesmata.’
- ‘In these cases sugar contents declined, possibly limiting translocation as in brown rust-infected barley leaves, in which apoplastic and symplastic sugar concentrations were reduced as export declined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.