One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a flower or corolla) having the petals united along their margins to form a tubular shape.
- ‘A sympetalous corolla typically consists of three parts - the lobes, the throat, and the tube.’
- ‘The sympetalous families are believed to be members of a younger group (appearing in Early Tertiary) than the dialypetalous ones.’
- ‘Please take some time to observe the flower shapes among the various sympetalous flowers.’
- ‘While the perianth can lack the corolla, much of the terminology associated with the perianth deals with shapes of sympetalous corollas.’
- ‘These are the plants characterized by sympetalous corollas, epipetalous stamens, and having the number of stamens equal or less than the number of corolla lobes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.