One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who agrees with or supports a sentiment or opinion.‘a Nazi sympathizer’
supporter, advocate, backer, well-wisher, ally, partisan, fellow travellerView synonyms
- ‘Simply put, just about every Colombian has done something that might result in him or herself being labeled a collaborator or sympathizer by one of Colombia's armed groups.’
- ‘And when they are written by supporters or sympathisers of a person who has been active in politics they smack of propaganda.’
- ‘You need a network of supporters and sympathisers prepared to hide and give succour, financial and otherwise for the cause.’
- ‘Charles's assurances that he had letters of support from sympathisers in England are themselves evidence of anxiety.’
- ‘He was a Communist - not a sympathizer or fellow traveler, but a card-carrying meeting-attender.’
- ‘Funds were collected from the masses, sympathisers and well-wishers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.