One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The absence or reduction of manifest symmetry in a situation despite its presence in the laws of nature underlying it.
- ‘Although we do not yet understand the complete mechanism, it should be noted that symmetry breaking also occurs at the kinked part in a wide tube.’
- ‘A process called spontaneous symmetry breaking will ruin the delicate state required for quantum computing.’
- ‘In all experiments, symmetry breaking occurs spontaneously and 100% of the beads generate a comet.’
- ‘Spontaneous symmetry breaking is a powerful phenomenon that is tremendously important in understanding unified particle theories in general.’
- ‘The direction of the grain in the Higgs field is determined by a process called spontaneous symmetry breaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.