One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the [r] becomes non-syllabic, the loss of syllabicity is accompanied by dropping the vowel in the spelling.’
- ‘This view of glide-vowel contrasts raises a problem for any theory: if vocoids can be contrastively specified for syllabicity, why can't other potentially syllabic segments?’
- ‘Seymour et al. have shown that simple and complex syllabicity affects decoding and orthographic depth affects both word and pseudoword reading.’
- ‘A note on glides, syllabicity and tone in Gurung.’
- ‘We may label this prosodic feature, syllabicity, with / / in our reconstructions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.