One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Obsequious behavior toward someone important in order to gain advantage.‘your fawning sycophancy is nauseating’‘he discouraged sycophancy toward royalty’
- ‘If your boss is an egomaniac, sycophancy always pays dividends.’
- ‘Through relentless flattery and sycophancy, he amassed a circle of influential friends and a considerable fortune.’
- ‘He behaved towards us with a ridiculous degree of sycophancy.’
- ‘Sycophancy in the Congress has been at its height.’
- ‘He was shameless in his sycophancy and usually unaware of the embarrassment caused by his actions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.