A fern with long slender fronds.
- ‘Ornamental grasses, sword ferns, and heathers are good choices.’
- ‘Some had fronds (fresh and/or dried) of sword fern woven into the structure.’
- ‘Thanks to a cool, moist climate, magnificent stands of sword fern grow in great sweeps on forest floors and form delicate tufts of green lace on rocky cliffs.’
- ‘For dry shade, consider bush anemone, Pacific Coast iris, or Western sword fern.’
- ‘In these beds, I planted sword ferns and vine maples, like those growing wild nearby.’