One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A door that can be opened in either direction and is closed by a spring device when released.
- ‘The are seven cubicles in the changing rooms which are sealed by wooden swinging doors and the doors are visible from the central foyer.’
- ‘She knows from experience that momentum alone will not carry her through the swing door and begins to collect her energies for the determined shove whilst trotting up the steps.’
- ‘He opened a swinging door into a cluttered backroom.’
- ‘I quietly walked up the concrete steps and pushed open the large wooden swing door.’
- ‘She leaned her back against the swing door and pushed it open with her butt.’
- ‘Dustin cautiously approached the swing door that lead to the girls' bathroom.’
- ‘The swinging doors opened and my mom appeared, exhausted.’
- ‘One day he spilled some whisky going through a swing door and came back for a refill.’
- ‘Laughing, Adam pushed open the swinging doors of the saloon and followed Ben into the building.’
- ‘Mac pushed the large swinging doors open and led the way into the main kitchen.’
- ‘On my way out of the polling station, I nipped ahead of a flustered looking woman with a double-wide pushchair in order to hold the swinging door open for her.’
- ‘But when she pushes the swinging door open, she's aghast to find her father sitting at the table, eating some taco chips and reading the newspaper.’
- ‘He pushed at a swing door, and the noise boomed out, he walked through.’
- ‘Quickly, I crashed through a swing door on my left.’
- ‘An officer opened the swinging doors and let her inside the circular court floor.’
- ‘‘This is the kitchen,’ I said holding open a swinging door for her.’
- ‘He had just started reading the extensive list of available coffee variations posted against the wall when the swinging door opened and a young man entered.’
- ‘Frantic footsteps pounded down the stairs and the swinging door flew open revealing a harassed-looking teenager with messy brown hair and sharp blue eyes.’
- ‘The head doctor opened the swinging doors and came into the hallway.’
- ‘Scowling, Sydney reached forward, spun her combination lock free and jerked the small swinging door sharply open.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.