One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frame for children to play on, typically including one or more swings and a slide.
- ‘I had been riding around on my bike and I rode to a swing set at a small playground next to a road.’
- ‘The site will be cleared, leveled and retaining walls built before a sand pit is constructed along with platforms for the center's swing set and climbing frame.’
- ‘Behind them is a fairly large playground with a swing set, castle, and jungle gym where more and more children are playing.’
- ‘The next day, he and I were sitting on a swing set when I leaned over to plant a kiss on him.’
- ‘As he passed the elementary school playground, he turned to look at the swing set on the concrete.’
- ‘Won't she ever learn that climbing on the swing set is bad?’
- ‘Once he got there they went onto her swing set's platform above the slide.’
- ‘There was a small playground covered in sand with a single swing set and a slide.’
- ‘They are at an old playground - a swing set, an old building, a pair of rickety seesaws, and a simple jungle gym.’
- ‘‘There's a park,’ she pointed out as they sped past the rusted swing set and slide.’
- ‘That's all great, until one of them falls off the swing set and sues us.’
- ‘I watched the kids play around in the swing set and the slide.’
- ‘Up ahead of us was a children's playground, with a metal swing set, a tall slide, a merry-go-round.’
- ‘He and Steve went out to the old swing set and sat down.’
- ‘She leapt up, and danced back over to the swing set.’
- ‘I sat on the old swing set, and rocked back and forth slowly.’
- ‘It has a swing set, a jungle gym, a sand box, and a couple slides.’
- ‘Standing under a wooden frame that resembles a swing set, members of the search team shake shallow, rectangular-shaped screen boxes suspended from the top beam.’
- ‘I stood up and walked over to the swing set in the playground.’
- ‘Donovan led us to the swing set and I slid off his back, straightening my dress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.