One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
fraudster, fraud, confidence trickster, confidence man, cheat, trickster, rogue, mountebank, exploiter, pretender, charlatan, sham, impostor, hoaxer, embezzlerView synonyms
- ‘Not even the police care too much about what's going on in these streets’ the old man chuckled, ‘this is where all the swindlers and thieves hang out.’’
- ‘I thought you had better sense than to fall for a swindler and a criminal.’
- ‘We are all victims of benefit fraud - public money stolen by the swindlers could be spent on other services like hospitals and schools.’
- ‘What's the appeal to you of property criminals such as hucksters, card cheats, swindlers, bank robbers, and con men?’
- ‘Unfortunately, swindlers also exploited the tragedy to make money over the Internet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.