One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothing worn for swimming.
- ‘She eventually managed to find a shop which sold swimwear, and chose a black two-piece which she could not imagine herself wearing.’
- ‘You would be advised to wear comfortable shoes, swimwear and other gear and, of course, take sunglasses and a hat!’
- ‘Entirely sensibly, I came to the conclusion that I don't look good in swimwear and a sash, and my head's too big for a tiara.’
- ‘The company supplies quality underwear and swimwear in a large range of sizes and styles.’
- ‘Once she arrives she will be given a glamorous wardrobe packed with designer gowns, swimwear and suits.’
- ‘You can match your swimwear with your skirts for new looks as you go from the beach to the bar for a drink.’
- ‘The firm, set up in 1957, manufactures lingerie, swimwear and nightwear for high street stores and designer labels.’
- ‘Everybody else put on their clothes over their swimwear, and gathered up their things, then they started to head out of the sports center.’
- ‘Although women usually get all the attention during summer, now men can also make a few heads turn with the right swimwear.’
- ‘To a lesser extent, the line includes swimwear, bats and bags (from handbags to make-up bags).’
- ‘The two brands provide a series of swimwear, gym wear, underwear and accessories which are young, sporty and sexy.’
- ‘The right compartment had all her casual clothes, her blouse, jeans, pants, dresses and even swimwear were.’
- ‘Well it's coming up to summer again which means that the layers of clothing are reduced and on many occasions little but swimwear will be called for.’
- ‘Remember, our selling collections, which incorporate knitwear, bags and swimwear, are huge.’
- ‘Other women on the beach were wearing traditional swimwear, which included skirts, long-sleeved blouses and stockings.’
- ‘The collections featured included resort wear, brights, casual wear, executive, formal clothes and swimwear.’
- ‘Potential applications include fabrics for dresses and blouses as well as swimwear and aerobic wear because the fiber dyes well with spandex.’
- ‘Even in swimwear they dress formal, I laughed to myself.’
- ‘Avoid wearing shiny or sparkling swimwear as this makes you look like fish-like and may provoke a shark attack or big fish attack.’
- ‘A lot of women want to find cheap plus size swimwear because they are buying it for a holiday and probably won't wear it that often when they return home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.