One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or animal that swims.‘the fastest freestyle swimmer in the world’‘red flags to warn swimmers of dangerous currents’‘caribou are good swimmers’
- ‘I am one of the slowest swimmers in my group.’
- ‘I went on to become a reasonably good swimmer.’
- ‘She extends a hand to the desperate swimmer who struggles to make the shore.’
- ‘A shark advances on a swimmer in trouble.’
- ‘All of the group are strong swimmers and physically fit.’
- ‘He was a strong swimmer.’
- ‘A single swimmer moves away from the others.’
- ‘The group welcomes swimmers of all abilities.’
- ‘They are very fast swimmers and can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour.’
- ‘Even for weaker swimmers, snorkelling is a joy in Thailand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.