One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Claus Jensen, bright and inventive in midfield, tested Richard Wright with a 30-yard swerver which the England keeper clutched in his midriff.’
- ‘Riquelme sends in a swerver which Tizie can't hold; he parries it out to Rodriguez, who slips the ball over the keeper and into the net.’
- ‘The best first-half point was Keith Raymond's swerver from 40 metres, hit with the outside of his boot.’
- ‘It was to be the hosts last flag raiser of the day as McDonald rifled over a trademark swerver to send his team six clear with six minutes left to play.’
- ‘He had a right-foot swerver saved before Falkirk restored parity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.