One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Adding lime zest and juice is my personal preference: the tangy edge balances an otherwise sweetish pudding.’
- ‘For some of the top brews such as the kariho daiginjo, a mellow, sweetish sake served cold, slices of sashimi are recommended.’
- ‘Lieb is sweetish, low in acidity and suited to drinking without food but at best it is a well-constructed and very commercial wine that appeals to the uninitiated wine drinker.’
- ‘It was a big salad, served with sweetish bread - although my lovely companion complained of an over-abundance of melon slices, this wasn't a problem for me.’
- ‘The best-known dressing-up dish is kimchee, vegetables pickled in sweetish but mostly hot red chili paste touched with garlic and ginger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.