One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A popular general-purpose system of massage, devised in Sweden.
- ‘A standardised regimen of ten minutes duration was developed based on traditional massage practices, which were similar to the Swedish massage treatment.’
- ‘A recent study found a 20-minute Swedish massage given two hours after a weight workout significantly reduced soreness over the next two days.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘For sunburned skin or after exposure to strong sunshine, experts recommend a Swedish massage with Oil of Frankincense, blended with geranium and calming lavender.’
- ‘The École d' esthétique Édith Serei offers a ‘Massage Therapy’ program that allows students to specialize in Swedish massage, Shiatsu or Polarity.’
- ‘Your best bet is a Swedish massage, which is designed to relax muscles by applying deep pressure.’
- ‘If anyone feels like a bit more pampering, they can indulge in a full-body Swedish massage in the resort, payable locally.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘There will be a fashion show compèred by Tommy Marren, also wine tasting, natural therapies such as reflexology, Swedish massage, Reiki and more.’
- ‘The kneading of muscles, which dominates in Swedish massage, is absent from Thai massage - energy points are pressed or general pressure is used instead.’
- ‘The treatment list is comparatively small: a Swedish massage, one facial, one mud wrap, one body scrub, manicure and pedicure.’
- ‘Five two-hour sessions of Swedish massage and shiatsu (a kind of massage using acupressure) didn't help either.’
- ‘His whacks are no more uncomfortable than a typical Swedish massage.’
- ‘At the spa you can do everything, from a relaxing Swedish massage to a moor-mud body wrap.’
- ‘A Swedish massage concentrates on the soft tissues near the surface of your skin and doesn't involve the heavier pressure needed to massage soft tissue deeper in your body.’
- ‘We were never allowed a doctor or anything like that - she believed in Swedish massage even when she broke her leg.’
- ‘In the intervention implemented in the present study, the mothers were given a 20-minute Swedish massage two times per week for four weeks.’
- ‘Treat yourself to a nice Swedish massage and a facial before heading to dinner.’
- ‘The back rub consisted of basic Swedish massage strokes.’
- ‘This technique combines Swedish massage, acupressure, and deep strokes along your muscles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.