One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A popular general-purpose system of massage, devised in Sweden.
- ‘For sunburned skin or after exposure to strong sunshine, experts recommend a Swedish massage with Oil of Frankincense, blended with geranium and calming lavender.’
- ‘We were never allowed a doctor or anything like that - she believed in Swedish massage even when she broke her leg.’
- ‘A Swedish massage concentrates on the soft tissues near the surface of your skin and doesn't involve the heavier pressure needed to massage soft tissue deeper in your body.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘The kneading of muscles, which dominates in Swedish massage, is absent from Thai massage - energy points are pressed or general pressure is used instead.’
- ‘The treatment list is comparatively small: a Swedish massage, one facial, one mud wrap, one body scrub, manicure and pedicure.’
- ‘His whacks are no more uncomfortable than a typical Swedish massage.’
- ‘Five two-hour sessions of Swedish massage and shiatsu (a kind of massage using acupressure) didn't help either.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘The École d' esthétique Édith Serei offers a ‘Massage Therapy’ program that allows students to specialize in Swedish massage, Shiatsu or Polarity.’
- ‘Treat yourself to a nice Swedish massage and a facial before heading to dinner.’
- ‘This technique combines Swedish massage, acupressure, and deep strokes along your muscles.’
- ‘A recent study found a 20-minute Swedish massage given two hours after a weight workout significantly reduced soreness over the next two days.’
- ‘If anyone feels like a bit more pampering, they can indulge in a full-body Swedish massage in the resort, payable locally.’
- ‘At the spa you can do everything, from a relaxing Swedish massage to a moor-mud body wrap.’
- ‘Your best bet is a Swedish massage, which is designed to relax muscles by applying deep pressure.’
- ‘A standardised regimen of ten minutes duration was developed based on traditional massage practices, which were similar to the Swedish massage treatment.’
- ‘The back rub consisted of basic Swedish massage strokes.’
- ‘In the intervention implemented in the present study, the mothers were given a 20-minute Swedish massage two times per week for four weeks.’
- ‘There will be a fashion show compèred by Tommy Marren, also wine tasting, natural therapies such as reflexology, Swedish massage, Reiki and more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.