One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Swedish scientist, philosopher, and mystic Emanuel Swedenborg or his ideas.‘in his later years he turned to the Swedenborgian religion’
- ‘Meanwhile he continued his schooling under a Swedenborgian teacher.’
- ‘The stories were chosen as a sampling of James's unacknowledged publications for their use of Swedenborgian ideas.’
- ‘The last decades of the eighteenth century saw the establishment in the United States of Swedenborgian congregations.’
- ‘In his later years he turned to occultism and the Swedenborgian religion.’
- ‘I'm sure there was a footnote somewhere about a Swedenborgian belief that trees were elevated spirits or something.’
A person who supports the theories of the Swedish scientist, philosopher, and mystic Emanuel Swedenborg.‘a Swedenborgian who believed in communicating with spirits’
- ‘The largest concentration of Swedenborgians are in England.’
- ‘Like many Swedenborgians, he had a strong interest in popular sciences and unorthodox medical movements, including phrenology and mesmerism.’
- ‘The Swedenborgians placed particular emphasis on the sun as a symbol of God because its warmth and light corresponded to divine love and wisdom.’
- ‘He introduces us to a Swedenborgian who believed in communicating with spirits.’
- ‘Having grown up an agnostic, in the later years of her life she became a Swedenborgian.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.