One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of saw with a curved tubular frame and many cutting teeth.
- ‘They were followed by men with axes and Swede saws, cutting down the trees, laying them crosswise.’
- ‘Searchers on horseback had to use Swede saws to clear their way, chainsaws were forbidden even for search parties.’
- ‘Stihls are great saws, but are slower than the Swede saws, and I think, too complex for a simple machine.’
- ‘Snips and Swede saws are great tools.’
- ‘Learn how to sharpen a Swede saw and more importantly how to handle a Swede saw safely.’
Swede in the sense ‘Swedish’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.