One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Loose, warm trousers with an elasticized or drawstring waist, worn when exercising or as leisurewear.
- ‘She came out a moment later wearing a pair of sweatpants and a plain white shirt.’
- ‘Mr. Marcas was embarrassed to find himself speaking to his superior in sweatpants and no shirt.’
- ‘She slipped into a T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants she found in one of the drawers.’
- ‘My wet clothes had been traded for a warm pair of sweatpants and a fresh t-shirt.’
- ‘We both slip into sweatpants and tee shirts, and put our sopping hair up as it drips down the back of our necks.’
- ‘After my bath I wrapped a towel around myself and entered my bedroom to change into sweatpants and a tank top.’
- ‘Ian returns with a sweatshirt and sweatpants, fleecy and smelling of soap and faint cologne.’
- ‘I know that she would never go into town in her pale grey sweatpants and sage green sweatshirt.’
- ‘I own countless tank tops and sweatpants picked up cheaply at a department store.’
- ‘He was wearing a black pair of sweatpants and a light gray shirt that showed off his well built muscles.’
- ‘She let the blanket fall down to the floor and she grabbed a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants from one of his drawers.’
- ‘I glided over to my pajama drawer and selected a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt to wear to bed.’
- ‘In their second performance, they wore black glitter sweatpants and very tiny little tops.’
- ‘I changed into black sweatpants and a grey tanktop, and crawled into bed as carefully as I could.’
- ‘She had the portable phone in her hand and wore a bathrobe with sweatpants underneath.’
- ‘She threw her hair up into a ponytail, and quickly put on sweatpants and a sports tank top.’
- ‘He wore a black sleeveless shirt and a pair of drawstring sweatpants.’
- ‘Put him in sweatpants and a ‘world's greatest dad’ t-shirt and no-one would ever know the difference.’
- ‘He saw her sitting at the corner of her room in a pair of gray sweatpants and a tank top.’
- ‘Vanessa quickly pulled on a sweater and sweatpants before heading down to the kitchen for some late breakfast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.