One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Worry about trivial things.
- ‘Mike has done a great job of creating an atmosphere here to let you do that, where you are not sweating the small stuff.’
- ‘They must get the big things right, but they don't achieve greatness without sweating the small stuff.’
- ‘Nor were athletes concerned about health risks; who sweats the small stuff when you believe you're bullet-proof?’
- ‘The two of us came up with the plan, then began sweating the small stuff.’
- ‘The science of nanotechnology is all about sweating the small stuff.’
- ‘I learned to make everything fun, not to sweat the small stuff, analyse worries, consider the options, choose one, stop worrying and get on with my life.’
- ‘Advice to parents of teenagers: don't sweat the small stuff.’
- ‘She no longer sweats the small stuff, and instead of trying to manage the way her male counterparts do, she allows feminine compassion to flow into the workplace - which, she says, has made her a better leader.’
- ‘I don't sweat the small stuff with guys I trust.’
- ‘He said it all the time, as if to remind his kids that life is too short to sweat the small stuff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.