One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of offensive language.‘there's a lot of swearing in the show’
- ‘I knew he wasn't really getting angry at me; if anything, he might have just been getting angry at himself, or maybe he was just swearing out of habit.’
- ‘I didn't want the alcohol, the swearing, the bad memories, the parties or the guilt anymore.’
- ‘The magistrates found Baldwin guilty of the charge of causing criminal damage, but dismissed the public order offence of swearing and spitting because of insufficient evidence.’
- ‘As someone who speaks fluent Spanish, I found myself swearing in Spanish when my people got cantankerous.’
- ‘A year ago I first caught him swearing in Russian about it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.