One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device on a mowing machine for raising uncut fallen grain and marking the line between cut and uncut grain.
- ‘Half of each pasture was left standing, and the other half was windrowed using a 4.6-m wide swather head.’
- ‘After the peas are planted and have matured and are ready for harvest, the swathers move into the fields cutting windrows.’
- ‘Every effort is made to ensure that your swather runs smoothly and securely down the road.’
- ‘The Canola Council of Canada suggests that the window to properly swath a crop is only 1-3 days. Even the best swathers have a problem doing a good job in tangled crops.’
- ‘After cutting, the swather leaves the cut hay in a long row so the rancher can use a baler to make hay bales.’
- ‘Early swathers were built like battleships - cumbersome and so heavy they could not go into wet harvest fields.’
- ‘The harvest crew consisted of swathers and pea combines pulled by tractors.’
- ‘Manufactured in Canada the MacDon trailed swathers come in widths from 21 ft to 36 ft.’
- ‘Their work resulted in depreciation functions for three sizes of tractors, as well as combines, swathers, mowers, balers, planters, plows, discs, manure spreaders, and skid steer loaders.’
- ‘Our swathers are available in a variety of styles.’
- ‘A properly adjusted swather is critical for cutting large a acreage in a timely fashion.’
- ‘With a few basic adjustments to most modern swathers, a good windrow of canola can be formed.’
- ‘It is another object of the present invention to provide a swather belt connector needing fewer separate pieces.’
- ‘When the field was combined it was either done by a combine with it's own cutting table or with a combine using a pickup attachment to pick up swaths laid down earlier by a swather.’
- ‘Balers scoop alfalfa and grass after the crimps, swathers, or related farm equipment cuts the grass.’
- ‘So in 1926 he and his brother Ellert built themselves two 20-foot swathers from scratch.’
- ‘Compared to swathers with conventional tines, twine tines guarantee optimum raking quality, even at high work speeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.