One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A susurrous gloom cloaks these stories as if the country's collective malaise traveled on the wind.’
- ‘Other than the occasional audible smile or groan, not much happens other than a continuous susurrous clicking of the keyboards.’
- ‘Reduced to susurrous cynicism and sardonic contempt, they perfunctorily perform their functions, a distant look in their now empty eyes.’
- ‘Gather what voyage you can, a sound far into water, susurrous in the array of salt and drifting sunlight, what is left for us to live.’
- ‘The trees waved with a susurrous rustle, low, drowsy, and languid like the warm fall air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.