One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arousing excited expectation or uncertainty about what may happen.‘a thoroughly entertaining and suspenseful thriller’‘a suspenseful moment in the play’
- ‘The movie's big chase sequence is suspenseful.’
- ‘He blends suspenseful horror with historical drama.’
- ‘The book is a much more intelligent and suspenseful thriller than the movie.’
- ‘Placing the auction at the end means the film builds to a suspenseful climax.’
- ‘The sword fight is atmospheric and suspenseful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.