One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practicing of outdoor survival skills as a sport or hobby.
- ‘From an early age, he was obsessed with survivalism.’
2The policy of trying to ensure one's own survival or that of one's social or national group.
- ‘Darwin's survivalism supplied Marx's opiate, if only indirectly.’
- ‘However, a utopianism that has shrunk to the dimensions of survivalism is perhaps part of the problem rather than its solution.’
- ‘I suggest that Acorn is best viewed as a kind of left-wing communitarian survivalism.’
- ‘In a time when social change is off the agenda, therapy culture unites conservatism and radicalism under an umbrella of survivalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.