One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practicing of outdoor survival skills as a sport or hobby.
- ‘From an early age, he was obsessed with survivalism.’
2The policy of trying to ensure one's own survival or that of one's social or national group.
- ‘I suggest that Acorn is best viewed as a kind of left-wing communitarian survivalism.’
- ‘However, a utopianism that has shrunk to the dimensions of survivalism is perhaps part of the problem rather than its solution.’
- ‘In a time when social change is off the agenda, therapy culture unites conservatism and radicalism under an umbrella of survivalism.’
- ‘Darwin's survivalism supplied Marx's opiate, if only indirectly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.