One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The continued existence of organisms which are best adapted to their environment, with the extinction of others, as a concept in the Darwinian theory of evolution.Compare with natural selection
- ‘In this film, both human and animal experiences highlight the Darwinian concept of survival of the fittest.’
- ‘One theme that remained constant was the idea of captives and oppressors and Darwinian ideas of the survival of the fittest.’
- ‘Consider this - in Darwinian genetics, survival of the fittest also entails distrust of outsiders.’
- ‘Opponents of the move say the cull is unnatural, and that killing one species because it is stronger than another runs against the Darwinian idea of the survival of the fittest.’
- ‘In 1948, he suggested it might one day be possible to breed intelligent machines through the Darwinian approach of survival of the fittest.’
- ‘The contestants who get voted off have simply been subject to the Darwinian process of survival of the fittest.’
- ‘What is happening is an extreme form of Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest.’
- ‘Since the very beginning of life, Darwin's theory of evolution, or survival of the fittest, has applied itself.’
- ‘The welfare safety net has been removed to ensure that no one can opt-out of this Darwinian survival of the fittest.’
- ‘It's an artificial-intelligence concept based on the idea of Darwinian survival of the fittest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.