Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for surrebutter
- ‘Rebuttal statements were filed May 6, and surrebuttals on May 21.’
- ‘Disappointed and hurt over something trivial, I had engaged God in a mini tug-of-war, refining my rebuttals and surrebuttals in the process.’
- ‘The defense did not call Dr. Teich in surrebuttal.’
- ‘To the extent that the motion for leave to submit surrebuttal is a motion to compel, as discussed above, it is denied.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.