One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A native or inhabitant of Suriname.‘an urban Surinamer’
- ‘The matter of government appointments for Surinamers continued to be the cause of a great deal of resentment.’
- ‘The first part of the study showed that Surinamers make less eye contact during questioning than Dutch subjects do.’
- ‘Surinamers are encouraged to rise because Sranangron (Suriname soil or territory) is calling them from wherever they originally come.’
- ‘The Surinamers constitute almost one-third of the total number of non-Western immigrants in Amsterdam and The Hague.’
- ‘An estimated 300,000 Surinamers now live in the Netherlands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.