One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for surge tank
- ‘The first surge chamber is connected to receive stormwater from the inlet prior to the second surge chamber or the storage chamber.’
- ‘The new surge chamber required much fill dirt, and this was bulldozed from the top of a nearby hill.’
- ‘A duplex set of pumps will be provided in the surge chamber for returning the backwash liquid to the secondary sewage treatment system.’
- ‘The reinforced concrete substructure forming the equipment foundations supports the reinforced concrete surge chamber and power house.’
- ‘If the valve is accelerated at the turbine then the surge chamber provides a temporary reservoir of water to meet that demand.’
- ‘When the gates close, the water backs up into the surge chamber until the to-and-fro motion subsides.’
- ‘The surge chamber will be constructed during early stages of access shaft construction by drill and blast.’
- ‘This modulating valve is designed for applications where a tight shut-off is required due to filter tanks or surge chambers located below grade.’
- ‘The surge chamber is initially run empty and then opened to the formation by the lower tubing isolation valve.’
- ‘The only disadvantage to surge chambers is that they add to the bulk of gear that needs to be carried with you.’
- ‘Surge reduction measures should not be limited to a change of the operating mode, but also include structural measures such as surge chambers, discharge stretches connecting to larger watercourses, or structural adjustments in the receiving waters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.