One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thereafter, with the jamb positioned in the wall, the jamb is plumbed and the external arms of the clips are surficially attached to the wall longitudinally.’
- ‘Manganoan calcite is commonly surficially altered to a grayish-black to dull-black color; this matter has not been investigated in detail.’
- ‘The chalcopyrite is mostly surficially altered to chrysocolla, tenorite, and limonite.’
- ‘Three configurations of broadband seismic instruments were deployed: a borehole seismometer, a sensor buried surficially in the sediments, and a sensor resting on the seafloor.’
- ‘Numerous newly collected ‘star cobbles’ from Georgia have siliceous spicules preserved surficially and internally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.