One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, narrow streamlined board used in surfing.
- ‘It was during this period that Zuma started getting a lot of surfboards.’
- ‘Use a lot of strength in this maneuver, so as to spear the surfboard through the wave.’
- ‘We used to live in Yup Central, and every spring there would be discarded surfboards on certain trash days.’
- ‘When I was that kid I couldn't wait to get a surfboard, go to Hawaii, and get lost in the surfing life.’
- ‘As with shaping or glassing surfboards, there is nothing like trying it yourself for a truly humbling experience.’
- ‘The beach butlers also can arrange for Boogie boards and surfboards if you'd rather stay atop the waves.’
- ‘The sand is black, it was very hot and sunny and if we had taken a surfboard we could have surfed on the waves.’
- ‘Since I was on a bodyboard and he was on a surfboard, he could cover a little more distance.’
- ‘Since the first auction in 2001, there was an apparent shift in collectors' interest to surfboards from the 1970s.’
- ‘Since surfboards are the key element in what we do we'll start there.’
- ‘I ride my Paipos or handboards, and the kids ride surfboards that I have shaped.’
- ‘First came surfboards, and right on the heels of that came surf trunks and wetsuits.’
- ‘The guys finished their night surfing and ran into their house with their surfboards under their arms.’
- ‘Some would have you believe that certain surfboards, wetsuits, trunks, or sunglasses make you 22 forever.’
- ‘The thieves got away with six wetsuits, an expensive surfboard, a mountain bike and a mountain board, designed to be towed along beaches by a kite.’
- ‘Find an old surfboard that is big for your size and floats you well.’
- ‘He experienced the best and the worst of Pipeline with a perfect 10, a handful of hideous wipeouts and broken surfboards.’
- ‘Throughout the next four decades a number of different approaches and experiments were applied to surfboards.’
- ‘The shack was filled with surfboards and a few odd skim boards.’
- ‘At each stop locals can meet the professionals, borrow 10 brand new surfboards to surf with their heroes, or try new stunts at the portable skate ramp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.